Saturday, March 21, 2009

Spring Cleaning

I have calmed since my last post. What good does it do to get angry...at least for long periods of time. I have stayed pretty busy for the last week, we got a small dumpster and are nearing the end of a much needed garage clean out. I could actually put cars in the garage if I had to. It was just full of years of junk that we kept moving from place to place. I'll probably see what I can get out of the basement today but the grass is looking bad so I think it's time to get the mower going.

Oh yeah, I met with Dr. Garrot at Kennestone this past Wednesday armed with the CD of scans all the back to July 08 and he had from December up until now. A rare thing happened...he arranged for me to sit with the radiologist and go over the scans back to July with special interest on the liver lesion. The lesion is about 4 x 3 cm and once we knew what we were looking for...it was visible in July 08 AND the same size. It was hard to see though unless you knew where to look.
So, because it's been there so long without a change in size there is some talk of doing a biopsy at some point to see if it is RCC or a benign cyst or something. For now Dr. Garrot is going to speak with Dr. Sosman at Vanderbilt to see what he thinks. There are options though if it is cancer, drugs, surgery, cyberknife...I'll get it out of me if needed. I have a feeling it's going to be a watch and wait for growth and then get aggressive. I'm still trying to wrap my brain around watch and wait especially for a 4x3 cm lesion.

No comments: