Sunday, July 15, 2007

The Gift That Keeps On Giving

A few days after my return from the NIH while recovering, a right rib started hurting and still hurts. I suspect a bone metastasis. I can put my finger on it and if I cough or sneeze it all but knocks me to the floor. I went and had an x-ray done which didn’t show anything but that doesn’t mean much. All I know is it hurts.
Also while in the hospital I showed the doctors a bump on my scalp and they all said it was a cyst but agreed to remove it during the adrenal surgery. Well I got a call on Friday from the doctor at the NIH to tell me the cyst was RCC and that I need to come back to discuss further treatment. Yeah! I went from hoping to be NED to back in the saddle.
So now with the rib and the news about the cyst there is obviously some unwanted activity going on in my body. It’s really starting to piss me off. I’m ready to fight though, I am otherwise healthy. I worry about missing work, I just took 4 weeks off for the surgery and now depending on what treatment is recommended I’m sure I need more time off. I’m going to have to start educating myself on the disability programs available to me I think.
My younger Brother came to town last Thursday and left Saturday, so he was here for the news. He wasn’t happy but we managed to go to a Braves game and get real good seats. I had a few beers which I haven’t done n a long time. We had a good time, it was good to see him.

No comments: